Many sellers wonder what they can do to be prepared for a home inspection. So here are a few tips to help make sure the home inspection goes smoothly.
1) Be on time. We are often early on our home inspections, so it is best if you are ready early as well.
2) Make space around important areas. If things like the electric panel or furnace are blocked, someone may have to come back (either us or a specialist) to inspect that item.
3) Leave the key for the garage. Many times an inspection takes longer than it needs to when we have to look for a way to get into a garage.
4) Leave the utilities on. If no one is living in the house, we still need power and water to do our inspection.
5) And finally, be prepared to give us time – at least 2-3 hours. We may not use all that time, but at least you will be prepared.
By following these tips, you can be ready for the buyer’s home inspection.